Infant Massage: What Every Doula, NCS and Nanny Needs to Know
Time & Location
About the Event
This workshop goes beyond the basics, the books and Youtube videos. As an attendee of this workshop you will receive a thorough explanation of infant massage, including its benefits and the many ways it’s utilized for optimal relaxation, tummy distress and teething.
You will learn:
- Evidence-based research backing the benefits of infant massage
- Infant massage techniques
- Ethical considerations for birth workers
- Appropriate teaching moments for parentsHow to approach an infant’s physical discomforts
- Baby behaviors and calming
- The connection between an infant’s pre- and postnatal sensory and brain development
- How infants learn in relation to infant massage
Baby’s cues and the MamaBaby connection will of course be respectfully acknowledged and explored. The day will provide many answers to questions you or your clients may have, and it will give you an opportunity to use your trusted relationship with them to teach the simple beauty of infant massage. This intimate workshop is part lecture, part open discussion and part experiential hands-on practice. You will be nurtured and nourished in the same ways you nurture and nourish your families - that is a promise.
Materials and oils will be provided, and a lovely lunch will be served as we begin to build an infant massage community. Please bring a 19-20 inch, soft doll to practice strokes during the day. A weighted doll is ideal if you are seriously intending to model infant massage to your clients.
Your $100 fee is non-refundable, but, if necessary, it can be transferred within the next year. A $25 convenience fee will be applied. Workshops are generally offered once a quarter and will be announced at the closing of the current workshop.
If you have participated previously and would like to return for a recharge, please do! You are most welcome. Be prepared to participate in the whole workshop (including lunch), share your experience and bring your doll. I am requesting a $25 donation for repeat attendees. If you would like to offer a space and assist with setup for a reduced fee, please email DoulaPamm@gmail.com.
“You absolutely need to take this class for the relaxation...to help moms and babies...The instructor is awesome and amazing.”
- Lisa Weldon-CAPPA CPD, Los Angeles, CA
“I would recommend this class to my doula community....Pamm is an excellent instructor with wonderful teaching techniques.”
- Nancy Lewis, CPD, CLEC, LC, Ventura, CA
“This class was spot on...in a calm, relaxing environment...walking away with so much more knowledge and confidence. And of course, bringing that knowledge, confidence and education, to my clients...enjoyable, educational day.”
- Heidi Joline, Nanny, NCS, Family Assistant, 2019 INA Nanny of the Year, Valley Glen, CA
“Very detailed about massaging a newborn.”
- Samantha Miguel, CAPPA CPD, Los Angeles, CA
“...this class has given me a base foundation...an openness and a new respect while caring for a family after birth.”
- Maria Zamura, Career Nanny, NCS in training, Studio City, CA
“Pamela has an excellent way of teaching infant massage to the most fearful student. There was a complete balance of science and physical hands on...”
- Buffi Gentry, Career Nanny of 30 years, Sylmar, CA
“Pamela is so knowledgeable and passionate about her life’s work.”
- Kate Logsdon, Birth Doula, Ventura, CA
“I recommend this class to anyone who wants to add to their bag of tricks.”
- Stacey Wodin, NCS, Moorpark, CA
“Pamela presents not only the practical techniques of infant massage but also how infant massage affects brain development, the motherbaby connection and everything in between. She balances her authenticity and passion with evidence based theory. Every time I assist, I get more insight that enriches my learning and application of infant massage with my clients.”
- Cathern Hartley, CAPPA CPD, CLC, Infant Sleep Educator, Florida
“This class reinforces the human-ness of infants and babies. Pamm’s appreciation for the motherbaby connection is amazing....way beyond infant massage basics. She promotes respectful communication between mamas and babies and recognizes the personal responsibility and integrity of our role in the birth and postpartum community...”
- Julia Haddix. IBCLC, Postpartum Doula, ICAN Activist, Santa Barbara, CA
- Workshop Registration$100$1000$0